REMAKE ART- art to photography

for this task we had to re-create three classical paintings this first stage was a test as to how I would approach everything and I realized it was abit more difficult than I though so in my research for paintings i went for simpler portraits. one being a more modern painting done digitally by an artist I like and two based on classical paintings. I believe my last one was my best one and that I improved as I continued the work.

idea

test

– not the best quality just example try out

continuing with my ideas and brainstorming the best and easiest paintings to re-create with the limited equipment and clothing available to match the scene in the paintings I looked for simpler paintings to re-create. I am not exactly happy with how the first one turned out however I am unsure how to improve it so I continued onto the second. the second one I enjoyed and i believe it was meeting the criteria a little better, overall I rather like it even though the pose is slightly of centre from the original i think it turned out well. the third one overall turned out the best more in sync with the original painting.

final versions

for this piece I thought about re-creating the style of the makeup with defining my eyebrows and contrasting the white flowers and brown hair with a red lipstick. in order to re-create the pastel green feeling I used a folder overall it doesn’t look exact. replicating the flowers and the hair was the most difficult part. i had to figure out and plan the flowers positions and keep my hair in the style. After taking the picture I realised the flowers were rather small. overall i think this piece makes sense with the theme of making the re-creation more modern even though the image is not exactly how i imagined my idea to turn out.

JUSEPE DE RIBERA, "Mary Magdalene in meditation", 1623

for this re creation i used a black towel for the background and hung it over a door I then used a skull statue a friend of mine had and i used that alongside a white jumper i was wearing. overall this was my favourite one to figure out how I would re-create the painting however the pose did not match the original.

PIERRE AUGUST

for this recreation I asked my friend Sarah if she could pose for the picture as she has ginger hair similar to the woman in the painting. it was easy enough to pose for and to gather the materials for it like the comb however figuring out the dress left me with the idea on how could I re-create the puffy sleeves. overall u decided on using my boyfriends coat as it had puffy sleeves. for this piece I used a filter that saturated the orange more as to re-create the vibrant paint in the original painting. I believe this one turned out the best compared to all t he others.

process

POSSIBLE IDEAS