FINE ART

for this task we were to set up an arrangement of objects something we put together and build. in a sense a constructed piece of art. the goal in the class was to create A3 charcoal and wet media studies that could continue onto final piece A2 paintings

1ST SCENE SETUP

2ND SCENE SETUP

CHARCOAL

in this study I received feedback, I was told things were to spaced and there wasn’t enough objects represented. overall I took the feedback improved by starting a slightly new setup. with this I added more into the picture, added more texture and direction into the piece. the second charcoal drawing I believe was an improvement and it helped me greatly understand the shapes of my subject matter.

WET STUDY

This black and white wet study was done with watercolours

This wet study was to be a practice detailed and close up analysis of the harder objects that were going to be included in the painting. I aimed to understand the underlaying hue and tone of the objects in high contrast this study helped and I later applied the same technique to my large paintings.

PROGRESS- PAINTING IN GUACHE

– working in the studio

FINAL GUACHE A2

For this painting i had alot of difficulty with scaling my objects in the painting. the problem was that i had focused too much on small finer details that when scaling everything too and A2 page i ended up having the objects in the painting slightly too small this left the bottom half of the painting empty. to overcome this problem I took another image from the same setup and continued the bottom of the painting that seemed to be empty. I developed the painting by taking a small section of another image this allowed me to finish the painting. this painting was based more on realism and capturing the details in real life objects.

for the whole set up and painting I themed the objects and the colour scheme and pallet around femininity the painting being referenced towards women.

-referenced image

-added development

2ND A2 ACRYLIC

for this painting I used acrylics. in this painting I decided to stick with the similar colours and connection however using the second setup for this painting I used more bolder tones and dark undertones to strike a feeling in a different way. For this piece I added my own spin rather than focusing on details like the other painting I made suggestions of shapes and lines with colour.

I believe my paintings turned out well and I rather enjoyed them however I do not think my charcoal pieces and wet studies were up to my best standard. I used them mainly as a practice to understand the mechanics behind how I was going to paint. overall I think my practices and development improved my work and i am happy with how it all turned out.