Vertical Slice Project – Starting on the theatre

At this point, I forgot to keep track of anything ive been writing down in my note pad as everything was starting to get stressful with multiple assignments coming upĀ  so unfortunately i cant go week by week anymore.

Starting to gather reference images for the operation room, i talked to team mate Tori about who was doing what for the theatre and got in contact with Darren who offered to texture everything we’d modelled and our future models to speed up the pace of everything.

For the pillow, blanket and sheet on top of the blanket i used ncloths.

Next i worked on a scalpel which was done within 5 minutes:

I duplicated the original, scaled it down a little and gave it some ridges like in the reference above.

I did want to work on more tools but level designer Joe told me we ha more than enough models for labs and the theatre, since models from the labs could also be used here such as the crucibles, tongs, syringe, etc.

My final model was an operation dish which once again, i duplicated and scaled down for variation:

I had to texture a few of my models myself as Darren was running out of time and had a lot on his plate already, but I didn’t mind, things happen all the time in the industry so you have to expect the unexpected and be ready for anything. Luckily i was able to get my Substance account up and running again after signing up for a new student licence.

Since everything is years old and underwater, I tried to make all the metal rusted and dirty, and i put old dried blood on things in the theatre such as the dishes, scalpels and the operating table. I also tried my best to add mould and sweat stains on the tables mattress, sheet and blanket.