Cover letter

A cover letter is pretty similar to a CV, but you’re not allowed to copy and paste. This is essentially your first impression to your employer, letting them know you’re interested in the job, company and that they’re going to gain something from hiring you over other people. Things like complimenting their company’s work and showing you know what you’re talking about are big points when it comes to creating a cover letter, as it’ll help the employer see you’ve doe your research and had interest in the company beyond seeing a job offer post on LinkedIn.

I used a word document template for my cover letter, filling in the blanks following a PowerPoint presentation uploaded onto Blackboard by my tutors, helping me understand the importance of the contents and their hierarchy. Putting my contact details and name on the left hand side of my document rather than the top right was done as i was following the document template but i also feel it made it more obvious who i was and made my letter more memorable. I started my letter with addressing the CEOs of the company i was applying for, in this case, Taunt Studios, followed by my representation of research with naming a few of their projects such as green beans and Tot, complimenting their style and naming a few more projects then moving onto why i was applying and what i could bring to the company if they hired me. The second paragraph i talked about the skills i had that are beneficial for a 3d animator that i had then finished it up by thanking them for reading the letter and considering me for the position as this shows you’re not just demanding the job and its just a nice thing to do.