Personal Projects during Placement

I haven’t found much time to look at personal projects during this placement year, but I’ve had a few experiments and works in progress. I started with a likeness sculpt of Anya Taylor Joy and then decided to plug it into mesh to metahuman to see how well it translates and to play around with this software. There would need to be further adjustments made to the metahuman achieve a better likeness but I saw some similarities between the two, I thought perhaps recreating the hair in xgen would help but I didn’t get around to this.

I did manage to delve into Marvelous Designer and achieved something really quite similar to her outfit in the movie, I would need to sculpt on the leather belt strap but I was happy with how this came out and the texture process in substance painter was fun.

I did also play around more in MD since I really enjoyed the software, and hope to use it in my final year project.

I wanted to work on digital painting some more since I hadn’t really done much in my free time since starting the course but I didn’t stick with it. I would like to revisit it and improve my skills a bit since I do find the process quite relaxing.

I started a sculpt inspired by Arcane’s Jinx. Looking at more stylized and planar forms, and hand painted textures (eventually). I want to incorporate something stylized in my final year project over realism, but I’m not sure of the style I wish to achieve yet. I am Inspired by Arcane but unsure if this is the route I want to go or try something a little bit less derivative.