Week 11 – Progress Update

ORIGINAL ANIMATIC

Process – Working from the animatic in Krita

Running past camera – rough animation and timings

I will change the background to better fit perspective of running, easier than changing each frame individually + 4th stride needs to cover more distance. Obviously it all need cleaned up a little, and i need to animate the hairs movement. I was planning on having the cultist character walk around the corner and dramatically look towards where she ran to, to save time – but I’m not sure how this would impact my transition to Jess.

I researched a lot trying to create this run. watching YouTube videos, reading online, recording myself running about my house as feminine as I could. I have a page of ‘maths’, estimating the distance covered and how fast the average person would run it.

We’ve been unable to contact Cathair, who was animating the first 6 seconds, establishing the scene, so I guess we’re starting with me. In order to have it loop with the ending I will try to animate something at the beginning if I have time to but if not I’ll just fade from black, so it somewhat loops with Harry’s.

I was promised full marks if I released the embarrassing reference videos of me running about my house, but I am never posting those to the internet. Not because of how I run though, I’ve got the stride of a gazelle. A beautiful, beautiful gazelle person. My body achieves a perfect symmetry. It’s that long, lean muscle I’ve worked so hard to achieve.

Here are a couple stills from one of them though :/

Visual Reference