As a task I was asked to research three local and international companies. Specifically, I was told to research companies that produce great design work and companies which I would work for myself. The main goal of this task is to get familiar with researching companies not just in my local area but higher, professional companies all over the world. Looking at what they are designing, considering their process will help me in placement year. I believe that this task is to get me aware of all companies related to UX and other design sectors.

Local – Sugar Rush Creative

I believe that sugar rush creative is a fantastic company to be working with.

Sugar rush creative is a mobile app development company based in Belfast. Along with other names, Sugar rush is definitely a popular company that is talked about a lot when starting the interaction design course. Mobile application development is an area that I am happy to learn and pursue a career out of.  Additionally, the company offers animation, web development and UI/UX. 

NITA

The NI tourist alliance is just one project of Sugar Rush Creative. The project involved creating a website/app for a special tourism sector in Northern Ireland. The project was really interesting and everything that needs to be covered was covered. They have clearly covered who the website is to be used for and all demographics and accessibility features are well thought of.

Local- Eyekiller

This company had my eye in the very start of my web development journey.

Eyekiller is a digital design agency based in bangor, belfast. I believe that eyekiller is a very good company to start for because it has a section on customer care. As a designer, i need to master the skill of communicating with my clients in order to get the best information out of them. This then impacts how well the app is gonna look/function. Eyekiller demands their customer’s needs to be met and give them the best experience that they can offer. They have partnered with big companies in Belfast to provide experience.

SSE website

One of Eye killer’s projects includes a website for the SSE arena. They have created a more user friendly website for SSE and beautiful content. I really like the style and approach that eye killer took in order to create this stunning website.

Local- Fathom

A User Experience based company from Belfast.

Fathom is a company specializing in UX design. The company offers a wide range from web development to Digital media. I chose fathom because the services and UX design are factors in which I want to explore more about. Fathom (alongside other companies)works with a range of agencies to improve the overall performance. The company is based locally in Belfast.

48 

One of Fathom’s projects was to create a website for a mobile company named 48.

Fathom ultimately added a solution to several of 48’s tasks. Fathom added a full functional and effective mobile version in order to help grow the mobile company. They studied their audience and 48’s audience in order to create the app.

International- IDEO

A very inclusive and global company specializing in UX.

A lot of their work is based on the needs of the global population. The company recognises the everyday problems that countries face. They provide a digital solution. They focus very much on certain topics such as diseases, food, voting systems etc. They take on the issue and produce a solution in a user friendly way.

Bootcamp for data scientists

One of their most interesting projects for me was creating an application that allowed students to be prepared in the world of science and data. I thought of this project as interesting because after looking at their approach and their method of collecting data, i had felt that there were many key points to be visible to hep them with the application.

International- Designit

A Danish design company based in Copenhagen.

Designit is a company which works with mostly UX design. However, there are a lot more areas in which the company focused on- branding, products, services etc. They believe that interacting and connecting is important for their brand. Nordic design is a factor in which they focus highly in due to their growth in Scandinavia. They have studios all over the world from Denmark to Tokyo.

Iberdrola

The Designit team had created an app to tackle electricity. specifically, electric consumption. They have designed the app really nicely with clear decisions made in the process. i really love the way the app uses minimalistic colours for their interface. 

International- Work&Co

A design company based in the US.

Work and co is a company which I have been considering for a long time. Their products and services are very unique but efficient. They have a really awesome website for their customers to promote their business. I really love the layout of the navigation, allowing the full web page to be displayed in small, simple boxes.

Lyft

Lyft is a travel app in which customers can choose how to travel. Work and co have found a way to create  a simple but thoughtful solution towards the road.  The designs and animation are all stunning to look at. The app is really well made and serves the user’s needs.