One of the articles of a website that Daniel showed was AIGA. AIGA stands for American Institute of Graphic Arts and we designers use the website to follow the latest trends. It is typically a place where designers learn the value of design. Open for all types of designers, AIGA is home to many design events, webinars, meeting students/educators etc. AIGA has articles about American designers and advice for e.g. young designers looking for inspiration.

I have already used AIGA’s website to research a designer called Edward Fella. I had to find some information about who he was and what type of design he did. AIGA has their own awards system and through scrolling and looking through some articles, I came across 2007 AIGA medallist Edward Fella.

Design Futures is a research project from AIGA that aims to help designers facing anxiety and other challenges in the design industry. AIGA’s main article gave me less information and I managed to get a more detailed and longer PDF of what this project is really about. The PDF explains the project, what it involves and AIGAs key responsibilities. The main aim of AIGA’s project is to set a bright and safe future for designers. They looked into case studies, statistics, history related documents in order to strengthen their research and findings.

So how does this project involve me? Well, I’m a designer. I have to be aware of the latest trends and practices that are introduced by design institutes. We as designers have to work using the latest methods and skills to ensure effective, up-to-date design practices. AIGA gives the best advice for designers and it is our job to look into it and apply what we are introduced to.