Week 4: Sculpting

I began to remesh the characters. I ran into the problem of the fingers fusing together, so I remeshed quite small as used the snake hook tool to gradually pull the skin back to where it was supposed to be over every remesh. 

I used some muscle charts to sculpt where the meat would go on the forms, leaving holes for the eyes to go in later. 

I saved the finished server and duplicated it, just in case I needed to go back to that stage. I started sculpting the clothes.

But I decided that because I hadn’t sculpted a humanoid character since my first year, I should look up tips on what to do – I found this video.

Clothes Accessories by Bran Sculpts on YouTube: 

Bran Sculpts did a whole playlist of making a character from start to finish, and he did the clothes using retopology.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZheJ1p1FyE 

This video by baeac on YouTube supported this method, so I went back to the pre-clothes sculpt and fixed up the face, eyes, mouth and muscles.

I then moved on to the demon, where I used much the same process. 

We had a meeting in which I sent in FBX files of my character blockouts so that we could scale them to the rest of the restaurant.