Week 3: Blocking

I wanted to get stuck right into blocking out the two characters for the game, so I laid out the turnarounds in Blender and set the server to two meters tall. Using the height comparison sheet, I made the demon the correct height as well. 

I extruded a cube with a mirror modifier to block out the man first, using a cube instead of spheres because I wanted the characters to have a sharper feel to them – especially the demon. 

I took a photo of my hand to use as a reference, as I was finding that part particularly challenging. It turned out quite well!

Once I was finished with the main block, I used loop cuts and the scale tool to make the form a little less square, so that the sharpness wasn’t too exaggerated and still stuck with the more realistic proportions of graphic novels. 

I began work on the demon block out.

The hands somehow weren’t working out as well as the server’s, so I decided to take a copy of the server’s hand and modify them to fit the demon. 

I left the demon considerably more blocky than the server because I wanted him to be more exaggerated and sharp.