Updating my Apollo Website- IXD304

https://theapollomission.webflow.io/ 

Following on from my group critique session and user testing I worked on updating and making changes to my Apollo Site in order improve it.

One of improvements Kyle suggested was create an Icon set to add into content on the missions page. I felt this has made the content more visually appealing to the user. Before it was just lines of text now this section has been transformed.

Lucy in her feedback confirmed this said “I like the video because it shows how they get there and the Icons for the information”

Kyle also thought the content in my site was a little light. I took on board what he said and as well as the pupils and have included more content about space race and the astronauts as well as the rocket.

I enlarged the block quotes and changed the background colour to make them stand out. I took on board what he said and I agree they look more visually apppealing and eye catching. As well as seeing these famous words. The primary 2 teacher said the pupils enjoyed hearing the famous words also in the videos.

Alot of the users loved the videos I had on my website but unfourntely there was no sound. Therefore taking on board the feedback I added in videos from Youtube which had sound. I made sure to source videos which were short to cater for the attention span of primary school pupils.

The primary 2 teacher reported after the changes were the childern gave the website the thumbs up!

The things the primary 2 childern lliked were:

• hearing the famous words
  • the celebration video
  • launch video
  • moon footage

Also I changed the video in the return tab to only start playing when the user activated it, as suggested by the primary 2 teacher.

Mrs Joyce commented “It was excellent having all the video on one site rather than having to go searching for them on other websites or Youtube. This saves lots of time which is very important to teachers!!

“I have saved the websites to my favourites and intend to use the website in the future.”

Another User talked about adding in a little bit of content about “The Race to Space”. I thought this was an excellent suggestion. So I researched and found information on space race and included it on my website in the missions page.

Some of the other suggestions was add further background information about the 3 astronuats:

• Their childhood
  • Background
  • Images

So on the home page I added some extra information which I thought was useful.

Orginally I wanted to add 3 seperate pages, when you clicked learn more it would to take you to a different page but webflow would not allowed me to add extra pages under the basic membership. I tried upgrading but membership but it wouldn’t allow me to add these pages.

Overall, I am happy with my final website design and I gave my best effort. I feel it meets the needs of my target audience. I was aware from my first questionaire that primary 4 and 7 school pupils did not want long pargraphs of information but wanted important information, colour with interactive elements such as videos, images and buttons to make it fun and educational. They wanted to learn all about the Apollo mission in their 25 minute class time tabled in the ICT suite.

I feel listening to the feedback from pupils and critque from kyle, my website has improved. I feel it flows better and tells a excellent story of Apollo 11 mission. Hopefully the pupils have learnt a lot of information from my website which they can share with their friends and family. I feel I kept the layout professional and brought a fun and educational vibe to it.

Mrs Joyce Primary 2 teacher said “I have saved the websites to my favourites and intend to use the website in the future.”

It was great to hear the postive feedback and that the website will be used by pupils and teachers wanting to educate their childern on the Apollo 11 Mission.