Thrilled to be creating a group animation from inception to completion for the first time, the afternoon saw us split into groups, with me alongside Max, Orlaigh, Leah, Ellie and Aimee in Group 2. To help us gel, and learn more about each other, our first, fun task was to go on a picture scavenger hunt around the university to find items that fulfilled a list of prompts. Hopefully we fulfilled the brief!

A COLOURFUL OBJECT

SOMETHING THAT LOOKS COOL

A WEIRD SHAPE

SOMETHING THAT STARTS WITH THE LETTER ‘U’                 

PETS

WHAT MADE YOU LAUGH TODAY

‘A Berry Good Boy’… lol

RECREATE A MEME

‘Woman Shouting at her Cat’

TEAMWORK!

A MYSTERY ITEM

ANIMATION

Next, in the first step towards creating our ‘world’, we were asked to list 100 potential themes in 20 minutes – something I thought would be quite simple, but turned out to be surprisingly difficult. Here’s our results, totalling 64 in all, with our five favourites highlighted in red.

The final task of the day was to choose our favourite idea, which after discussing what concepts could be included, was either the ‘Halloween Bar’ or ‘Heaven Officials’ theme. Admittedly, as I haven’t encountered people with strong opinions before, and had never seen good ideas rejected, simply because they didn’t fit someone’s vision or animation style, I found this difficult; but in the end I’m sure we can reach a workable compromise.