Alec gave a presentation on job contracts and freelancing. It covered what you should expect from a job contract and what it should have, pension and what is expected when it comes to experience and no experience.
After the first presentation we were tasked with finding areas of concern on a brief from a company. I was sorted into group 1.
– 2 week wait period before we can use a computer provided by the company
– Didn’t mention what software to use or if it is provided
– request more information on the overall style the company wants.
– Didn’t specify a timeline of when everything needs to be done
– there wasn’t a mention of pay and there isn’t a budget
After the task, Alec gave another presentation on placement year. It covered how many credits a placement year is worth, what you are assessed on and it gives you insight on what to expect after graduation from a job in the industry.
There was no set task for next week’s class.