For my second project, I was asked to make a product relating to the periodic table of elements. For my demographic, I was given two options- Group A (8-10 years) and Group B (Undergraduate). I have to think about the product being suitable for each group. The products can be anything from an app to a hard copy book.

To help with this project, Kyle called us in groups to talk about our ideas. This made me think of some ideas I can produce for my little cousin in primary school. I was thinking of some questions and what he would like. Then I remembered that he loves playing video games. I decided to make a game for my cousin but still needed to figure out what the game was.

I began to think about the type of games that Edwin will play:

I was thinking about how I can squeeze in science elements for each of these  games. I figured that Rocket league is the best chance I have out of the list since I am familiar with the game. However, I needed to explore features to see if the game has any science related elements. I wanted to get some ideas and went on ahead and looked at the game in detail.

I looked at some boosts and trails to see if they are any similar to any element. There were some elements that stood out like the boost pad looking like a piece of gold. However, i figured rocket league would be an ideal game for someone like my cousin but i felt like its gonna be too difficult to make. 

And so I decided to turn to Pokémon. Although Edwin doesn’t really play Pokémon, i figured that it has simple 2d gameplay and i can create Pokémon or characters that he will like. I will be mainly focusing on the 2D Nintendo version of Pokémon, the game where the character can move around a big venue.

To help me with the project i have prepared some questions using my phone: