End Of The Year Show

I wanted to keep my display very simple. I had my main poster for the short framed and up high in the middle of my display. Below it I wanted to show off some stills from the short so I decided to display each element of the short. Below the poster would be three stills of the three characters within the short, and below them would be two stills of each environment. I decided to rework the majority of the design deck as I wasn’t happy with the layout. I own a few art books from game and movies so I took a look through these to get some ideas. I removed the majority of the text but I think the layout allows the viewer to easily follow the shot breakdowns. I also changed to font to Perpetua Titling MT so that it is consistent through out my poster etc. For my business Card I was pretty happy with the front side with my contact information. All I needed to change was the photo on the back to the completed environment. Based off my feedback on the rough designs assignment, I added more experience to my CV to relate more to an environment artist role. I included that I worked on a vertical slice project with the game development course as a 3D modeller and texture artist. I have also been using my Instagram page to promote my work. The page contains personal work that I do for practice, my work from previous years and my recent major project. After I had set up end of year display I posted a photo of it on my story and had a few people reach out to ask when the display was open to view.

Im still pretty set on a environment artist career path. After uni I’m planning on moving to California to work with my brother for a few months and during this time I am going to continue working on my portfolio and improving my skills and be on the look out for any environment artist jobs in the area.

Final Display

Design Deck

CV

Business card

Instagram