Developing our Professional Identity

During the second half of Daniel’s class we had talk from career advisor Cathy Moore. She spoke to us about Developing our Professional Identity through the use of linkedlin. This will be a seperate unit which will help earn us extra points and therefore improve our online presence to encoruage our potetinal employers. Frist we looked strengths and area of development and self awareness. We then looked at things employers will look for in person. We then went into detail of the different skills needed for IXD and then ways that can help us develop our skills further. Its important we be professional. We then looked into Linkedin and how to make sucess profiles. Step one is the Profiles Pic which must be clear Image hot shot image with a Natural background. Step Two is add a short Headline. Step 3 is the About section were you add short summary about yourself which is straight to the point in order to create an impact. Step 4- Add in expirence such as jobs and volutary work. Step 5- Education which includes previous schools/collages and qualifications. Step 6- Include Accomphlisments and Achievements you have received. Finally include any skills. The deadline for this was due the 19th of March. This allowed us to receive feedback and therefore make changes to overall improve our Linkedin profile.

I really enjoyed taking time to create my profile and fill in the different sections. It gave me a sense of achievement when I completed the sections. I hope my profile is professional and it will interest potenital employers. I will continue to keep my profile updated.

Below is a link to my Linkedin rofile

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sean-downey-22b3891aa/

Here is an image snipped from my profile.