Adding New Screens, and Updating Others

I wanted to make a quick project update post to show the progress that I’ve been making.

I wanted to make a couple of changes to how my product looks when the app is first opened.

I decided to add a loading screen, rather than the first screen being log-in or sign up, then being taken to another screen to add your details.

I think that doing it this way is more user friendly, and cuts out an unnecessary part of the process. The “Get Started” button would only show on the first screen after everything has loaded up properly, and once tapped, you’d be taken to the log-in/sign-up screen.

New Screens

The next thing I started to do was begin the design of my community screen. This is something I was really excited about, as I got to have a bit of a change of scenery from the usual tracking screens I have been working on.

I wanted the UI of this screen to be recognisable to those that have used social media, and forum apps before. So, I looked to things like Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter in order to see the kinds of layouts that users know well. This is so that they’d know how to work this part of the app interface easily, and not have any confusion.

One feature I really wanted to add to this screen was the option to save posts that may the user may have found helpful as they scrolled through the main community page, and would want to come back to later.

I am starting to think, though, that having the main community tab be called “home” could possibly cause some confusion, so I might change this to “main” or “feed” in the coming days.

I also wanted to create some screens that would allow you to press a button to add updates within the app, in case you also wanted to view previous updates when you tap the “symptoms” or “bowel movement” buttons on the home screen.

The final thing that I started doing was adding function feedback to the food diary screens. This would show up to let the user know that any revisions they have made to the food diary have been saved successfully.

Thoughts:

I am really happy with where my project is going, and I am looking forward to prototyping it and conducting some usability tests so I can really get an idea of how effective and usable the design is!