Conducting Usability Tests
Now that I am happy with my prototype, I need to conduct some user tests to check if users will be happy with it too. My aim for this design was to make my UI as easy to navigate as possible, so that IBS sufferers of all ages would be able to access it.
I wanted to conduct these user tests as soon as I had finished my first draft of the prototype, so that I’d have time before the deadline to make any necessary changes
Here are the PDF files of the three user tests that I conduced:
I was really pleased to find that each user was able to navigate the app so well.
The feedback that they gave me was really good as well. It made me feel a lot more confident with my design, as I have spent so much time working on it that I’ve started to pick it apart and criticise it a lot.
The main issues users had whilst testing the app were due to the fact that I had to ask them to test it on a laptop screen because neither them, nor I, own an iPhone 11 Pro (which is the frame size I used), and the prototype didn’t show up properly on smaller iPhone screens.
Two of the three users couldn’t find a call-to-action button because the text was appearing so small on the laptop screen. Other than that, and a bit of confusion with not realising that the screens were scrollable, all three users found the design really easy to navigate.
I also got some really nice comments from them about the style choices made, as well as the features I decided to add.
I am really glad that I did extensive user research because, without this, I don’t think my design would work nearly as well – nor would it have as many important features.
I am also thankful that, at this point, it appears that my prototype is finished and I don’t need to make any more changes.
I do think, though, that I might actually continue to work on this project over summer so that I can eventually add it to my portfolio, as I now feel quite confident about it. I have also really enjoyed working on it, so thats a plus!