One to One Tutorials
This week, we went straight to the classroom and Kyle came around everyone one by one and gave us some feedback on our websites so far.
I found this session really useful, as it allowed me to continue working on my website, as well as getting some extra feedback before the final week. I was also able to ask my peers if they knew how to do certain things on Webflow that I’m yet to figure out.
Feedback and Making Changes
I started off by expressing my concern to Kyle about not being able to do every interaction I had included in my Prototype, and he assured me that this will be fine so long as I do what I can, and meet the criteria.
Kyle then suggested that I change some of the backgrounds, to differentiate them easier from the rest. So, I started off by changing my landing page to have an almost black background, then gave my “Meet the Crew” page the Nasa blue colour that I had in my style tile. I was glad to be able to use this colour as I had been struggling to find a place for it because of colour contrast issues. In relation to the landing screen, Kyle also suggested that I could use the yellow feature colour to make the second line of text stand out a little bit better.
Landing screen before:
I think this page looks a lot better this way, and changing the second paragraph to yellow was definitely a good move! Since I’ve started changing my website to more of a scroll-through, replacing the background image with the dark black-ish colour (#131313), the first section is separated really well from the second one below it.
Meet the Crew before:
As much as I really liked this with the starry background being fixed as you scroll, I do think changing the backgrounds made this page stand out quite a lot from the rest. It isn’t necessarily part of the story I am telling in the other pages, so it makes sense for it to look a little different.
I’m really glad that I got this feedback when I did, because I’ve just finished placing most of my content onto a new Webflow file, and making these little tweaks early on saves me the trouble later (when I’m desperately trying to figure out Webflow interactions).