Group Critique

This week we had a group critique section on our projects so far.

For this, we had to include our brand, user personas, wireframes and three of our screens so far.

This is the PDF of my slides for the critique.

Feedback

I was really pleased to find that most of the feedback that I got this week was positive! I wasn’t too sure how much I liked this design, but everyone was so positive about it, which was really nice.

Some of the feedback I received from Paul was as follows:

• Try changing the typeface of the word-mark to a sans-serif typeface
  • Possibly change the “+” button on the navigation bar, or make it so that, once it’s tapped, it expands out and has multiple options attached.
  • Try adding more of the feature colours throughout the rest

I then expressed to Paul that I had two different versions of the log-in screen because I wasn’t too sure whether to go for the one with the darker background, or the lighter one. I was leaning towards using the lighter one, but wanted a second opinion.

Paul got the class to vote for which one they liked best using a show of hands. The majority voted for the lighter background – so I’ll use this one going forward!

My peers also gave me some great feedback as well. Some suggestions included:

• Try changing the word-mark typeface
  • Use landing screen with the lighter background

I was glad to hear that my peers thought that these would be good additions to the app, as I was wanting to add a community screen – as well as giving some other screens (such as the food diary) different coloured backgrounds, rather than just the purple the whole way through.

I think someone got confused and thought my app was for children, which it is not.

Of course, teenagers and young people who are embarrassed about their condition, could benefit a lot from an app like this. However, my last UX project was an app for children, and I wanted to do something else.

A good few people commented on how much they liked my logo, as well as saying that the app looks really easy to use. This was such great feedback to hear as I worked hard to make sure my logo was reminiscent of a bowel, without looking silly. I also really liked to see that people thought it looked easy to use, as I want this app to be accessible to all different users.

THoughts:

I am really glad we had the critique this week, and I am looking forward to making the changes suggested to me. I am going to have another look for a new typeface to use for the word-mark, as well as changing the navigation bar so that it makes sense on every screen.