Brainstorming Ideas

This week, Paul had suggested that we begin to consider possible solutions for a digital healthcare product. It is a good idea to begin thinking about where we want to take this project as we are on week two, and having a semi-solid idea will be good for going forward with both focussed and unfocussed research.

I had already scribbled down a few ideas in class last week, however, I thought that I should still consider other options as well.

Here is a scan of a page of notes from last week with the problem, project, and a few of my initial ideas:

I do like the idea of trying to create an app that can benefit those with eczema, as this is something I struggle with myself – however, the only things I could think of to include in an app for this would be a possible AI feature, and some simple tips for helping. I thought that this is the kind of stuff that you can learn from a GP, or online forums, so designing an app with these simple features seemed a bit fruitless. This is why I decided to come home this week and brainstorm a few more ideas on my iPad.

There are a few ideas here that I think may already have a lot of really good solutions already, as well as some that I think may be very tricky to pull off well.

I think I might go forward with the idea of an app for first-time parents caring for their newborn baby for now, and this is what I will start doing some focussed research on. It is still early days though, and there are so many other options available to me as this is such a broad brief, so I’m not going to get too hung up on this plan just yet.

Since doing this brainstorm, however, I have also been thinking that designing an app for people struggling with IBS could be a good route to go down, so if I begin to feel better about doing that, then I have a plan B.