Pitching and Presenting

With our product pitches coming up, Daniel decided to teach us about how to successfully pitch and present.

We learnt about how to appear, and feel confident, as well as how to respect the next speaker by staying within your time limit, and how to present the content within your slides.

We also learnt about some warnings to be wary of when presenting/pitching. They include:

• Use one typeface
  • No crazy fonts
  • Use subtle transitions
  • Use short videos and gifs sparingly
  • Use bullet points for text
  • Keep slide quantity short
  • Check spelling & content

Daniel also spoke to us about how to properly engage an audience, and make the room more comfortable to pitch to. He suggested asking everyone to move to the front and centre of the room so that they feel closer and more connected to you and your presentation.

Being prepared is the key to feeling comfortable in your delivery.

Daniel then went on to explain what we need to include in our investor pitches so that we make sure to have all the right elements for when the time comes to present.

This lecture was really useful as I tend to panic a bit about presenting, but with this advice – and what I learnt this week, I feel like I’m going to feel a lot more comfortable with pitching my idea