Dawson Andrews Content Audit

This week we were tasked with writing up a content audit for a website that we find would be helpful for us to research.

With the upcoming placement year, and potential interviews, it is important that we have our portfolio sites up to scratch. The best way to ensure that our sites look and feel professional is to research other websites and note the content that they have.

The site I chose to do a content audit on was the Dawson Andrews website. Kyle showed us this site in class and I really liked the layout and format of it. I thought that doing this weeks content audit on this site would be very beneficial to me.

What is a content audit?

A content audit is used to list the main content within a website. This is usually done in a spreadsheet format, and can be useful for both research and also planning of your own site.

My content audit

I completed my Dawson Andrews Content Audit on a spreadsheet and have included it as a pdf file on this blog post.

The take away

I found this task to be quite interesting, and very useful. I think it’s definitely helped me put more thought into the layout and features that I want to include in my new portfolio site.

At first, I found it difficult to understand exactly what we had to list, but Kyle supplied us with a link on Blackboard to a useful video on how to conduct a content audit and that really helped me move forward with this task as best I could.