Animation Dissertation Starting Research Week 2

With our upcoming assignment (dissertation report proposal) we went back to our essay’s breakdown of the wordcount for each part of the report and most importantly our reading lists (in Harvard style).

In the ulster university electronic resources as an animation student in final year to find articles and journals to support my point within my chosen topic which includes;

• Ebooks
  • Journals
  • ReferencingΒ 
  • Databases

We understood more on what are journals, types of journals like trade magazines and academic journals as well as databases which indexes our content with a wide range of research chosen for this specific topic. Usearch, Proquest complete, Scobus and Webscience.

Step 1: – Keywords e.g. animation, anime, keyframes or phases, digital media and stop motion.

Step 2: – Identify word/phases with similar meaning animation

Step 3: – Truncate – shorten words with similar meaning animationΒ 

Step 4: – Quotation marks – balance or grout, animated film, visual effects or peoples names like Walt Disney, DreamWorks and Nickelodeon.

Step 5: – Impact, Effect, Issues, Identify and check spelling and make sure the info is correct.Β 

Through this week I narrowed down my topics to two and wrote 5 questions for each to (X) out the ones I didn’t think were suitable for the essay. In the end I picked the one topic and the one point I would be reviewing for the report proposal and dissertation essay before next week for our tutorials.Β