This sketchbook contains various amounts of first-hand images of the 4 exhibitions that i had visited which are the: The Golden Thread Gallery, The Mac Gallery, Catalyst Arts Gallery and Belfast Exposed Gallery. I then chose to mainly focus on The Golden Thread Gallery, as i found the VOX HYBRIDA exhibition very interesting. There is one piece in particular that really caught my eye which looked like words and letters backwards that were chipped out of a large piece of wood then painted ontop with a vivid pink colour and with the access paint there was a large sheet of paper that was used to print over the top.

This technique used in this piece inspired me to incorporate a printing process within my practise which is the Lino Printing technique. I intended to experiment as much as possible with my initial ideas and designs to then help generate ideas towards my final outcome. Colour is definately a main element that i like to include with in my experiments, so as you can see the process of creating these designs using a variety of coloured card, ink and acrylic. Again, with taking inspiration from this exhibition i had also included some letters to purposely become backwards and to create several repeat patterns. I personally think that theses lino prints worked really well and i also really like the contrast of each colour.