Week 12: Sound and Post-Production

For the last week, we started by rendering everything we had so far and putting them in the OneDrive folder for Jessica to edit together into one continuous animation that lasted fourty-nine seconds. 

After that edit was put in the OneDrive, I was tasked with doing part the sound design – adding effects and diegetic sound. As I did this, Eve created a soundtrack for the background. The soundtrack worked great and needed no tweaking, it fit perfectly into the story of the animation and the edit was done within the weekend.

Next we had our final presentation to the tutors. 

Some last-minute tweaks and suggestions were made, and we got to work on fixing some animation shot lengths and camera angles. I noticed a mistake in my own section that the tutors didn’t see – the rolling pin, after its’ impact with the croissant, moved back, but did not roll in reverse to match the movement.

After fixing this, there was nothing else in my section that needed tweaking. 

Soon after, all renders were sent into the OneDrive, and I had to match the new edit with the sound that I had made the weekend before. It took a day of pushing and pulling things around as a shot was cut, some shots were lengthened and some movements were sped up, making the animation three seconds longer and causing me to clip some parts of the background music so that the ‘suspense’ and ‘action’ parts of the music happened at the right times.

Once I was sure it was ready, I put it back in the OneDrive and it was approved to be our final cut.