Week 5 – Pizza brand project- IXD103

Daniel gave us a 1 week project to design our personal pizza brand. I started off benchmarking competitors.

I looked at different inspirtations online and created a moodboard using pinterest based on the local brands and pacakging I liked the look of.

Next I researched and benchmarked local competitors

La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita is a family run Pizza business from Newry. La Dolce vita is owned by Giuseppe Fallone and his wife. They have 3 takeways located in Camlough, Warrenpoint and Newry and 1 Pizza Restraunt/ bar in Newry. All their Pizza’s are baked in a traditional wood fired ovens. During the first lockdown they produced their own branded Pizza kits which comes with fresh pizzeria dough, a tomato sauce base, cheese and toppings of choice to encourage customer’s to make there own dolce vita pizza’s at home. They provided a huge hit with many supermarkerts across the country promoting and selling their pizza kits. To keep up with the demand they had to produce 6,000 to 7,000 kits a week. Since the pamdemic they have a new 7,000 sq ft headquarters and prep centre at Camlough Retail Park where they develop a range of products to help their bsuiness.

Below is images of their pizza logo which is eye catching.

Domino’s

Dominos is Pizza delivery/resturant chain which started off in Amercia in 1960. It was founded by Tom and James Monaghan. Dominos has since become a globally recongised brand with over 17,000 resturants Worldwide. Once people see the logo they automatically know. The first ever Domonio’s store was in Luton in 1985. Dominos has become the leading Pizza Brand across the UK and Ireland with over 1,200 stores including Newry, Banbridge, Armagh, Portadown, Belfast as well as many others Places. Domonios offer a wide range of pizzas & a variety of other dishes & sides. Domino’s vision statement is “We’re passionate about becoming the number one pizza company in the world and in every neighbourhood.”

Below is an image of Domino’s Logo.

Macs Pizza

Macs Pizza is a local takeaway located in the heart of Newry city which is available for both delivery and collection. Mac’s Pizza have a website and app.

Saporni Italiani

Saporni Italiani Ristorante Pizzeria is an authentic Italian which opened in Newry beside the canal in August 2001 and has been in business in 20 years. It has provided Irish customer the best products imported directly from Italy. Once you step in you feel like your transported to Italy and will surely re-create memories. Sapori is an ideal place to enjoy lunch or your evening meal whether after shopping or on a day out.

Below is the logo of the Sapori Italiani

Four star Pizza

Four Star Pizza is a fast food company which orignated in Washington USA in 1981. It was founded by Alan and Susan Cottri. Alan Cottri sensed a market for American style delivery pizza which is the colour of the amercian flag. The name comes from the 4 stores they started off with which give it the idea. In 1986 Alan traveled to Ireland and opened a pizza store in Dublin which is where it’s main headquarters is located. This pizza company operates throughout Ireland with 60 Locations throughout the Island. They have one store in Newry. They are planning to expanding their business by opening up more stores in Ireland and Britian/ Four Star Pizza says “To bring you a truly authentic pizza experience our dough is still freshly made every day and we ensure only the best ingredients are used. We’ve been round the block a few times, so we know what we’re doing. You can taste it.”

The Blue print

The Blue print Pizza is local family run business with a passion for and a genuine concern for our customer’s welfare. It was founded in 1996 and is an outstanding restaurant located at Cornmarkert in Newry. Also available Take-Away Menu. Their menu is diverse which caters for all tastes and ages.

My own business brand

I came up with my own Pizza Monogram and wordmark based on my research which I created using Figma. I thought of using the Italian colours and decided using the pizza panel with a pizza for the logo. See below to see my work.

The Social Story

If you want to taste the real, quthentic flavour then come to “Flavour of Italy” were we still use the orginal wood fire pizza ovens. Close your eyes and you could be in the city of Naples. We are open for both sit ins and takeaways. To order please download our app which can be got in the app store.

The Physical touchpoint

This is the indital sketch of the Pizza box i will produce for my pysical touch point.

Step 3- Digital Touch Point

This is how the contact page will look like on a mobile phone.

Conclusion

I really enjoyed working on this project this week as it was something interesting and it was good to design a new identity brand and explore ways of designing it. I will continue to work on this in my own time.