Pizzeria Brand Research

I started this project by coming up with the type of pizza brand I wanted to create.

I went with a traditional style Italian pizzeria, focused on classic flavours. Brands that came to mind when thinking about this were Giuseppe’s and Little Wing, so I did some quick research on these brands on my iPad and took down some notes.

Giuseppe’s Pizza

From looking at the website and logo, I can see that Giueppe’s is very focused on authenticity and flavour. I really liked how this logo looks like a pizza base, with the brand name being a “topping”. Going back to being classic Italian, they also include the Italian flag on this logo. It also looks like it’s been hand drawn, which implies that the pizza is homemade too.

Little Wing

Just like Giuseppe’s, Little Wing is authentically Italian, and they make this clear in their story. The logo is more of a word mark, which is what my logo will probably turn out to be, with the possible use of an illustration or icon. The collage effect in this logo makes it seem a lot more fun and family friendly.

Notes I made about my brand: