Research and Inspiration Part 2

With having an interest in TV shows and movie title scenes since having a project in year 2 I’ve always loved seeing any that spark my attention come on. I always must watch and not skip. Recently I watched Yellowstone and was immediately engrossed by the title introduction. The music suited the scene so well with dramatic sounds and beats. They went along brilliantly with the parts that had explosions which turned into what looked like ink dripping and splashing. I especially love how they went with a yellow hue throughout changing only slightly to lighter or darker. It also included parts of the story ever so slightly. All of this together creates a remarkable opening.

Another show that’s opening title scene works very well is Narcos on Netflix. The mix of Mexican music with them complements it perfectly. The parts with photos and overlay on top of other images and text are very interesting to look at and adds layers to the image with texture and imagery. Also adding in transitions like the powder blowing up and across the screen looks great on top of the layers below. As well as adding in the police side with the drug side having images like the map with a grid that has red circles and detectives writing adds a nice contrast. I love this intro the most as it reminds me of mixed media with photography which is something I have a big passion for (mixed media).

I have become more interested in this type of graphics although my animation side is not brilliant it is something I want to improve in. Doing tutorials and always trying the programme out and finding various ways of working it will help myself in doing this. Practice and trial and error are always key.

Here is a link to the Narcos opening credits on YouTube:

Here is a link to the Opening credits of Yellowstone on YouTube: