Class

In the morning the tutors went over how to schedule this project. They discussed the stages an animation goes through as well as rough time estimates for each stage. We were then tasked with working out our own schedule for this project. Finally, Nicole and I discussed our current idea with Alec and Mike. We got some great feedback on our story and how we could make it flow better. 

Homework 

Nicole and I re-evaluated our story and changed it to suit the feedback we received; it flows nicer in the new iteration. 

We also worked on some silhouettes for the robots, we created some robots for the background as well. 

(My work)

(My work)

Nicole and I discussed some elements we wanted in the designs of the robots; Nicole created a guide of what to include on the bodies as well as the faces 

(Nicole’s work)

I worked on some concept art for the Lollipop robot, since we figured out what proportions we liked in the silhouettes I tried different arms, placement of buttons on the chest as well as different hats and skate designs.

(My work) (Nicole’s work)  

I worked on some face designs. We wanted Lollipop to look a little more serious as he in the calm one in the story, it also contrasts Gumball’s overly happy face. 

(My work) (Nicole’s work)

After a discussion with Nicole, we finalised our designs, created some colour schemes as well as some expressions, this was a good way of testing if their faces were expressive enough while still staying within the guidelines we had set out.

(My work)

(Nicole’s work)

I also drew up some children designs as we wanted them in the background of the arcade to make it look busy, they will mostly be silhouetted as we want to focus on the animatronics.  

(My work)

Finally, I made a height guide for the animatronics and the children, this will be more useful later when we are animating. Nicole wanted Gumball to be the tallest, Lollipop is a little shorter and the children will be around waist height. 

(My work)

Nicole was also able to make some rough storyboards 

(Nicoles work) ^