Hand & Process Designer:

Hand Process Ideas:

Before making some designers I made different styles and drawings of hands where it helped me visualise in the sculpting part. But to help me in this process I needed different ideas of hands, so with the help of friends I found a game where there was the same style but with a more ‘realistic’ format in the hands and in the background with the game (House Flipper).

And also to be able to visualise things more from a hand, particularly from a ‘builder’, I researched hands with different aspects, but the style that caught my eye the most was a flatter style of hand, I did some research on Artstation where I had a much better view of what style I was going to make the hands in Blender!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Nx0k31

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/AqNgQ5

First sketches:

In the sketching process, I wanted to make a more NORMAL style that had the shape of our game, which I was looking for to be more rounded, so I came up with a hand style that was simple visually but which I would use a lot in the TEXTURE part to try to make it realistic and fun for the player.

For the hand colours, I wanted to use real human hand colours, but with lighter, pinker tones.

To help, I chose these two images that served as references and were also the basis for the character’s manga style.

Unfortunately, in this part of making the hand I wasn’t able to make many details that I’d really like to, such as adding more detail to the top of the hand to show the veins and also the details of the nails and adding a bit of dirt texture that would look better visually! In this part of making the hands I didn’t have much help from my group, which was a bit detrimental because I didn’t know their opinion and what they would like to add, so I had to do it on my own without much communication.

Sculpture & Retopology:

So I had a lot of delays where I couldn’t put together my animations and test my modelling.But after a long process of making my character I started by making the hands part of my character where I started the ‘Retopology’ part, at the beginning I had a lot of doubts and many times I had to start again but then I managed to get to the point I wanted and I didn’t have many flaws.

In the first few attempts, there was a bit of an error in the ‘Shade Smooth’ part, which showed deformations in the parts of the finger folds, so I had to start again at some points to get everything right.

To make the hands for the modelling part I didn’t have too many problems, just at the beginning with retopoloy, but after some help with reference images I managed to solve the problem and continue with the next rig process, which for me was much more complicated.

Pre-Final:

With my hand finished and after having finished the retopoloy, I started by quickly modelling the T-shirt on my arm. I made a more basic style as if it were the builder that Padriag made for the whole Builder.

Padraig:

Ingrid:

Hand With The Sleeve:

Reference Image:

hand topology for animation — polycount

15 个Hand topology 点子| 人, 參考, 绘画技巧

ArtStation - 3D Character Creation Series: Part 3, Character Retopology.

Manual Retopology Warhammer Ork - Show - GameDev.tv

Reference Tutorials: