Unreal Engine & UV mapping:

Intro Unreal Editor:

In week 8 we had an introduction to how to use the epic process (Unreal Editor) where we had some explanations in class. This process took a while to load so I wasn’t able to do much in class, but on my home computer I was able to understand how to use the basic process.

Process:

UV Mapping:

After some problems I had with the first stages in Unreal, I started working on the UV and mapping of my character, which was taking a while to finalise. At this stage, I took a while to finish mapping, but with the help of the class tutorials, which were long hours of watching, I managed to do a good job of mapping and I was able to remember commands that I didn’t remember very well. For the body part and the top of the dress I didn’t have too much trouble because the polygons were basic, so it was quick to do, but for the petals and the hair I had a lot of delays and problems making me redo the petals of the character again. Even with this small delay, I started mapping out the patches, which went very quickly in this new modelling I did!

Help tutorials :

Head unwrapping - methods — polycount