Updates & Research (Week 6)

Process :

In the process of week 6 I made some animations that were updates of each process of my work, I tried to make different movement in the aspect of walking I wanted to make the style of ‘Happy Walk’ where I found the reference on YouTube. I tried to reproduce it, but I ended up having a small problem with the ball and getting the hands to move correctly with the ball. In my doubt, I ended up talking to Alec and he gave me some commands on how to improve and solve the problem.

Hair movement:

To help me at the moment of the hair I used a video of a woman walking to get an idea of how to make my character have a better movement in the hair, to have a better vision I used a guide of a reference video to have a better idea of how to move the hair.

Reference:

Feedback:

I only managed to make the first basic steps in the ‘Happy Walk’ style, but I was able to make the legs move, but with the arms and also with the torso, arms and chest, I had some difficulties because I wasn’t having good control of the RAIN’s FK/IK.

After making a few adjustments with the help of my tutor, he showed me a few things I could do to improve the animation.

Reference:

Feedback in class:

After I had completed my four animations, I had the opportunity to get feedback on how the animations were going, whether they needed any changes or whether I was on the right track.

Walk Cycle: After doing the walking movement I had a good comment where I just need a simple modification to the hands part making the hands move with a flowing movement from front to back.

Walk Happy: With the walk happy I have to make some modifications to the leg movements where they are a little ‘aggressive’ and have a quick delay in the leg frame and also an adjustment to the back making it lean back more as in the reference.

Run: To run, I’ll have to change the front and back legs for the last frame, thus changing the hips to make the movements less shadowy and more fluid.

Run personality: I have to make a small change to the run personality where I will have to change the movements of the legs a little and also where I will have to make more swinging movements of the arms as if I were swinging from side to side, so I will have to use a recorded video where I will have a better idea of how I can change the running part of my character in the arms and legs.

Reference: