Week 4 – COLOR THEORY

Color:

In week 4 we had the task of doing a COLOR THEORY exercise at home which made us practice a little more about colours, Color Schemes and emotions of Color. For practice we used an image that was given to us to colour in, in the colouring part I did three mood styles on the image that was given to us.

Classic :

For the first one I did a more colourful style with lighter tones making a more classic style of a drawing.

Dark:

In the second one I did a darker style with a sadder mood with darker tones and with a same Color palette leaving the image sadder.

Light Tones:

And for the third one I did a style with light tones also more with a mixture of light and dark colours leaving the image with more striking points.

For some tasks I also did some research on some movies that I like a lot which are 3D and 2D movies. In these movies I researched some scenes and put in adobe colour to research deeper about the colours that they used in their movies.

In class with my group we started to prepare the colours of the scenery and also of the characters that we were going to make. In this class we studied about COLOR THEORY to make our animation, with the beginning we had the task of going to take pictures of objects, materials or places that called our attention by the colours and tones to be of inspiration for the colours of our work. Together with my group we took different photos that caught our attention and then we imported them to ADOBE Color that helped us to organize the colours, to organize and leave easy access to ideas for our group we used Discord to save the images that we liked the most for the animation.

After choosing colours and also creating in clay colour we had to add colour to one of our ideas that we did in week 3. In this task, I used colours that I created myself and also some colours that I took with the group I liked to learn more about the part of the colours but I had some doubts that left me a little more behind in this part, about this week to study color theory had some difficulty for not being my strong point in this subject but with some research and tutorials had had help apara understand a little more.