Vertical Slice Project – Texturing

For texturing these models I made sure to follow the style guide section on texturing, and we figured out how to use emissive textures in substance painter, as it is not readily available or obvious. At the beginning of making them, I still wasn’t operating parts of the model with different materials, as I never had done this before.

However, when it came to the later models I realised this would make everything much easier to deal with texturing-wise and began to separate materials.

I went back and made some adjustments to some of the models, especially the neon sign below, as it was annoying to me that the Ramon bowl part had bits overlapping at different depths. I also tried to incorporate the symbol for the overlord AI from our narrative into some of the models texturing.

Overall I’m happy with the details on the texturing, as it’s something I’ve really been trying to improve because, in my opinion, it’s one of my weaker areas in asset creation. The ones consisting of only neon lights are obviously a lot simpler than the other ones because there wasn’t much detail I could add to those ones.

Reference Videos