Animated Strategies – Further Updates to lighting, LUT and Rendering the first scene.

After speaking to Henry and Mike today, I was given the following feedback:

• Add a skirting board to make the room feel more like a room, and less like a box with textures slapped on.
  • Remove bubble particles, they’re a little distracting.
  • The scene is far too contrasted, try adding some more lighting.

taking this into consideration, I added a simple skirting board to the room and I removed the bubble particles. I also added an LUT to a post process effect in the main room of my lab. I used the following screenshot:

(Before)

(After)

I really think this lightened the scene up a lot, but still keeps the atmosphere that I’m going for. I’ve tried a lot of things with lighting, and whilst I don’t think it’s perfect I am still proud of where it’s at.

As I was rendering today, I was also given the feedback that using my GIF image as a light source wasn’t making a huge amount of sense when rendering my server scene. I removed those, and added static rectangular lights instead:

I managed to get all of my scenes rendered today, and will start compositing in after effects tomorrow, if I don’t have to make any revisions (Which I am sure that I will).