Animated Strategies: Adding a little more lighting and building some light maps.

I decided to add a second light source in my main lab room, so that I could subtly light the server and shelving assets with a light source that makes sense. I added another spotlight under the lamp I was already using as the asset for the light above the op table:

It made the room a little more visable, which I think was needed – I added a little green tinge to the lighting to match the other lights, as I think it adds a lot to the ominous feeling. This also lightened the server and shelf views more, making some of the features more visable:

I like how this looks, I think it’s still subtle and I did want some stark contrast in my shots, but you can still see more of the details of the buttons etc.

I then decided to play around a little with the light maps in the scene, and I made the tesla poles, the ground and the server higher res as the camera was quite close to these areas and I thought that upping the res of these assets would be useful as the audience will see them:

I’m really happy with how my scene is looking at the moment:

I’m glad I decided to go for quite bright, white, lights — when I was imagining these scenes, I wanted something that was very exposed and reminiscent of the types of lights that are installed in boots pharmacy. IDK if that will make sense to anyone else, but as boots in Belfast City Centre is such a large store with few windows, the lighting feels incredibly artificial and I think I’ve managed to achieve this through this scene.

I’m going to work on my camera, and my camera animations over the next couple of days.