Week 11 – Animation Work Part 2

This week I got stuck down into doing more backgrounds. I realised something this week that the background I previsouly produced was all wrong. The perspective wasn’t what I wanted at all. Thankfully I was able to get the right perspective by doing the right prep.

By doing the prep work I was able to see how the background is supposed to look and was able to get the angles correct as well. This was something I should have done last week but failed to do.

In the end this is what I have managed to come up with. Part of me feels like it is completed but the other part knows that there is more to be done. However I proceeded on with doing some character placement and colour sticking to what I have done for the animatic.

As you can see this is how the scene will look like. I have timed it to the animatic, but then I realised that a bit was off so I added another bit in to make it seems nicer. There are a lot more frames to do to make it smooth but I find this to be decent progress.

This is the next scene that will be shown. There is not much going on here at the moment, but I plan to have streaks going across the background to create the effect that the character is running .

This background is only shown for a moment but it is used to show the way of escape for the characters. In the animation I plan to highlight the three pipes going over the wall by zooming in on them. This scene shouldn’t last long so I hope I can manage to get the effect right. Otherwise I may need to rethink how this section might go.