Week 4 + 5 // Previs

This week, we learnt about previs for our 3D animation! At first in class, we got tasked with using the file Alec provided us and animating the previs. I found this really fun to do and I loved being able to control the cameras and cuts. This is what mine looked like:

For our homework this week until week 6, we had to create our own previs for our animation. Since I was off in class, I watched the videos Alec provided to try understand more about previs. My favourite one I watched was ‘Death in D minor’ and it really helped me understand what to include! I also looked up previs on YouTube to get a few other examples and understand it a little more:

In class week 5, we had 1 on 1’s just to discuss how we were getting on. During this, we were given an activity to do with a ball. I struggled a little towards the end of it. This is what mine looked like:

We continued speaking more on discord, and Ellie sent in her file for the train interior we could use for our previs! Miles also sent in characters for us to use as aswell as the books. With me being off this week, we kept in touch on discord so I was kept up to date with everything and we were able to fianlise our ideas. I sent in my previs that I had done and so did the rest of the group. This is what mine looked like:

For week 6, we needed to finalise what we wanted our characters to look like. I decided to draw some art of what I wanted them to look like, as well as including a character that Miles came up with for the fourth model. This is the art I done:

We called on Tuesday to discuss more about how we want our final characters to look before the presentation on Thursday. In this call, we sorted out the main design of the ghosts, making them look more wispy and to have floating hands. We also split up the characters each so we would all have something to model. Ellie took the shy blue ghost, Janet took the yellow extroverted ghost, Miles took the background ghosts and I took the conductor ghost! After the call, I made some designs for him just to get an idea of what I wanted him to look like and also so we could add it to our presentation.