Week 11

Continuing on from the previous week as well as juggling my other assignment, I had another meeting, this time with my tutor, the advice I was given this week, was about the characters collar, I was told it would be better to make it in Maya, which Is a programme I’m more familiar with, and fully agreed with my tutor on this one, as it would look more like a proper collar if I did it in Maya, however, I still had a lot of progress to make in blender.

The final limbs to put on were the legs, and I used the same technique as I did with the arms, even moved the legs inward to create the same look, however, with the body being designed the way it is, the character’s hips look a bit off.

One technique that Michael showed me was the use of the Boolian tool to combine all the assets together, this would mean that the joints could be joined to the body as one big model, and If I made the model low poly, it could create the natural look more effectively.  

The only thing that did turn out odd were the legs they appeared to be more joined than I initially wanted, but when I went to go fix it, I ran into an issue wherein combining all the limbs together, the movement point had shifted, and I was unable to use the symmetry properly, this issue persisted me for a while, and I even contacted my tutor about the issue, until I looked online for a solution and found a video that allowed me to fix the issue, as I am more used to Maya, Blender is still a difficult programme for me to use, but hopefully over the final weeks I should hopefully turn out a good model.

The final thing I did that week was Booling the ears together, as I was going to attach them to the face in the same way, and an Idea sprang into my mind, as I decided to give the character a bit more variety, I added a chip into his left ear.