Major Project Week 8 – 2D Workshop

Tutorial Talk – 2D Workshop

There was a 2D workshop this morning with Dan Wilson who showed us his works with circles and animating shapes on after effects. Some tasks were easy but had lots of controls, tools to follow and he did speak fast during the first half of the lecture which was hard to follow. 

The second half of our session had our lecturers during our tutorial talks wit Aodhan. I showed Aodhan my intro for the first part of the storyboard since I couldn’t squeeze it in for the pre – production. I also showed of my gestures of the boy (more than for final design sheets) which Aodhan thought they were really good since I explored the facial expressions of the boy and asked me to do a scare o meter to show the boy’s sacred face from 0% to 100% from having a heart attack. 

For this month were focusing on experimenting and recognizing the art style of our project with the hybrid animation and both 2D and 3D art styles that will perfectly match in sync. Here is the gestures I done this week including the storyboard intro. From the gestures I fully understand what I would have to when redoing the boy on the character sheet to avoid it looking flat and stiff to the viewer.