The Thumbnails

The first task was to take thumbnails that I had already done and colour them in different ways.

I am quite proud of them however the monochrome study is my favourite as I love the mysterious feeling it gives with the deep purples in the background and the glowing mushrooms in the front. If I was to redo them I would change the analogous one as I dislike the look of it, I think I would dull the colours a little as they are very bright.

Two Different Emotions

After this I had to colour some line art from the internet in two different ways to show different emotions.

These are the images that I references form the internet, they are form the TV shows, ‘Adventure Time’, ‘Gravity Falls’, ‘Steven Universe’ and the movie ‘Coraline’.  All of the images have a different mood due to their choices in colour.

This one is supposed to represent happiness.

I am not fully happy with this one as it did not turn out the way I wanted it to; I tried to fix it with overlays and details which helped however I still think it could look better. However I do like the look of the clouds and the sun. If I was to redo this I would dull the colours a little as they seem a little too bright and obnoxious.

This one is supposed to look mysterious.

I am much happier with the mysterious one; I love the colours and it turned out a lot better than the other one. I also am happy with the look of the water and the reflection of the light on it. However I think I would change the colour of the trees to a more grey green as they look a bit out of place.

The line art:
https://imgur.com/h1HtIp1