As I am this far into my mental wellness healthcare product for pre-teens/early teens I think it’s a good time to do a SWOT analysis on my own app to help me understand the strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities that my app poses. It is a good way to evaluate the situation and confirm my footing. My app is about connecting a communicative bridge between parents and their children of whom suffer from mental disorders such as anxiety or mild to moderate autism.
- Unique and untapped area of interest
- Global distribution
- Overall strong and appealing app/brand image
- Help families connect
- Could help diagnoses e.g. bullying in school
- Provide the user’s a safe space
- Easily accessible
- Clean and easy interfaces to navigate
- Fun and inviting for both parties
- Extremely attachable characters that can connect with users and help with the onboarding for adults
- Universal characters/buddies
- Symbolic of nature and calmness
- The age range for the app is small (10-14)
- It focuses on a portion of mental health disorders
- Sometimes technology is responsible for mental health issues
- Limited awareness of the market
- Parents could see the game section as distracting more than relaxing.
- Exploring an untapped market
- Potentially open a new route of medical care that doesn’t take up time or money like a hospital would
- Market expansion (age ranges/region/concept)
- Can be explored through new devices e.g. tablets, smartwatches, etc.
- Big competitors like calm are expanding into the kid market.
- The selective age range is a very risky age range to look at as their bodies are constantly changing due to puberty.