IXD301 – Digital Wireframing for the E-book

Since I have paper prototyped and sketched out my ideas on paper already for this e-book, I wanted to create a digital wireframe on Figma, just using boxes and text to get a solid foundation for a layout idea. I wanted to do this because layout is so important when it comes to books and I feel like this was good practise for the process when it comes to ixd. I love wireframing, it is one of my favourite parts of the process during every project, the image below is the wireframes I created for e-book.

Why was this helpful?

• I got to explore freely with shapes instead of illustrations, I could be more imaginative with the placement
  • I also got to see what the order would look like on screen as oppose to on paper, this gave me an insight into the prototype
  • I found it really helpful because I now have something to refer back to when I am designing the book on illustrator

Reflection

I am glad I made these digital wireframes as oppose to just paper ones, because the screen is different. I got to explore what the book could look like and where I could place text and illustrations. I had fun playing around with different possibilities and am glad I have this as a solid foundation for help when I am creating the book. I also enjoyed playing around with buttons and placement because this is something I am going to have to think about a lot since it is for kids, they need to be able to navigate easily.