IXD302 – Pitch Development and Sketches

I wanted to start working on my pitch and more specifically the layout of the presentation since I now know what I am going to include as the content I wanted to sketch out what I wanted the pitch to look like.

I made a spider diagram to get some ideas on what I wanted my pitch to look like for the audience. I kept getting buzz words like clean, fresh and easy to read. I want the audience to be able to read everything on the screen and really take in my information.

What do I want my pitch to be?

• Easy to Read
  • Clean
  • Legible
  • Mainly images – I don’t the audience to be reading the screen all the time, I want to be saying all of the information
  • Not too long – I don’t want there to be so many slides were I am clicking through so fast the audience can’t pay attention
  • Enjoyable

All of these words came out in my spider diagrams and I wanted to ensure this is what my pitch turns out as. I then moved onto sketching out a few ideas for layout.

Wireframes

I just sketched out some wireframes for a good reference when I am making the pitch on Google slides or Powerpoint. I wanted to go for a slick and simple design. I felt this was the best idea because the images I am going to be using are going to be shocking enough and busy. So I am going for a simple left text, right image layout and a white background so the images stand out.

I am excited to get to work on this pitch because I have a nice vision for the layout in my head. I envision a really clean and fresh outcome that will really reflect my app idea –  A Go Green message. I think the wireframes will really help in the creation process and was a great way to get out some different ideas.