IXD103 – Element Collage/Style Tile

After researching about element collages and style tiles from various companies and brands I then made a start on mine. I wanted mine to be fun and alive with imagery and information. I stuck with small red detailing and just wanted to keep it red and white – my colour scheme. The image below is my final style tile/ element collage.

I included all I thought was necessary:

• Monogram
  • Wordmark and typeface
  • Buttons for my portfolio
  • Colour scheme
  • Imagery
  • Icon set

I feel like that is all I need and want to show in my element collage because those are the main parts of my brand and elements people will see when they come to my portfolio immediately.

Could anything be worked on?

I think yes, even though this is my finished element collage, I feel like there can always be room for improvement. I am sire my brand will change over time, this may result in changes to this element collage. For example,

• I plan on adding for imagery to add to my business card so I have a range of them, this will come with time and trial and error. So far I have those images but I will definitely need more.
  • I think I could possible work on my buttons too and create more examples of them.
  • I could have dismaying my icons in a more graphic way like I have done in my portfolio, but I wanted to show the method. This is something to think about.

How will this help with the production of my portfolio?

I think this will help a lot, it has given me a platform to get all necessary imagery, colour etc into one space and allowed me to see how everything blends together. I am not aware of all that is needed for my portfolio and what to expect. This element collage has given me a good guide for my portfolio and has allowed me to see what the buttons will look like against my logo and wordmark.