Animation Studio – Week 11 Starting my Animation

As the animation deadline is coming in fast, this week I focused only on the animation and will continue working on my animation until its finished. Using Krita, I began drawing the background screen on a separate layer which would allow me to easily change the post man poses when I began to animate him. Next I began laying out the postman poses using simple box and line with a different colour while using reference to my animatic, that was changed by removing unnecessary parts and as a result shortens the workload, this sketch allowed me correctly layout the movement of the postman before starting any details.
Below is an example of my sketch layer.

I am glad I did this because there were problems with certain poses on my sketch that were easily fixed due to having a simple base sketch which saved me from repeating a detailed sketch multiple times. With the base sketches complete I figured out the timing of each part. I experimented with certain frames per second mixing between 2s and 3s.
Below is a screenshot of the timing I used. during this process my detail sketch layer changed in timing compared to my initial simple sketch layer. This was because the animation was too fast and unnatural looking so I spaced certain parts of the sequence out to create a more pleasing animation to look at.

After I was happy with my timing, I opened another layer to sketch out the details before finishing my animation with line art. Due to the previous sketch layer the details didn’t take too long and I had completed the first part of my 10 second animation.
Below is a detailed sketch before the line art.

After this section of this animation was completed, I experimented with gray scale on my establishing shot due to being unsure if I have time to fully colour my animation before the deadline
Below is the establishing shot with grey scale and without

I will repeat this process for the final sections of my animation and hopefully have my full animation completed with line and colour (grey scale) in time for the deadline.

NT signing out ◊