Today we discussed in our groups if anything had changed about our world and showed the thumbnails and character designs we did for homework (see last weeks homework).

Then the groups where once again switched, so we lost Padraig, and Hugh, But we gained Kris, and Val.

So the team now consists of Amy, Me, Cor, Kris, Marcin, and Val.

we talked through our idea with the new members, we where then tasked with shading an object from our world with a clear light source. I chose my aliens sword.

This might not have been a good idea as it is a glowing sword, meaning it is its own light source, but I tried to give it as much depth as I could, while keeping in mind that it is glowing.

After this we had to pick a location from our world and shade it as if it had one, or two light sources, we could use a thumbnail we had already created for this so I did.

This is the thumbnail I picked to use. It already had a little bit of an implied light source coming from the left. But I didn’t draw the sword as if it was glowing I just drew the plasma shape, so I reworked it to add the new light source.

I also darkened the piece in general so the light source was more visible, I really like how it turned out. I made the light source that comes from the left a secondary light source meaning its not as prominent as the main sword light source but it is still noticeable.

For homework this week we shall be looking at colour theory which I am really excited about as I like working in colour more than I do in black and white.