Lip Sync Animation:

Intro:

This week we started learning how to use the facial animation part where I worked more with the facial expressions of the characters where I practised with the character Rain in 3D.
In the process of making the expressions, I had a lot of fun at first because it was a more detailed part of moving the mouth and the details of the eyes, nose and other details of the face where I focused on animation and also a little confused at first to control the expressions.

We also started to practise the ‘Speech’ part, where it was a bit of a challenge for me to understand the movements of the character’s lips and keep up with the movements of the sentences I had recorded. In this part, it was very difficult to get it to flow and keep up, so I had to follow a lot of the serious tutorials in class, which were a great help at the start of the module.

Reference:

With this research process to help me, I started looking for different ‘Short Video’ services to help me make a quick video. To help me, I used some videos from the film (Frozen) showing some well-made and expressive expressions on the characters’ faces.

Exercise:

Practise:

I started working on the expressions using techniques from the videos. At first I didn’t have many doubts or difficulties, but to help me I used some images of ideas to help me with the visual part.

After a long process of making the “lip” movements, I made the facial movements, where in all honesty I started to do some tests just to get some ideas so that I could understand a little about how the faces would work.

Audio:

To make the expressions, my idea was to use sad, crying and serious expressions. To make the animation I had to research different types of audio that I was going to use for my animation, so the animation I ended up selecting was an audio from the film (Zootopia) in this scene had all the elements I was looking for in terms of facial expressions, sadness and drama.

Seconds that I used: 0:50 – 1:00

Scenery:

After long hours of making the mouth move, I moved on to the face and then to the scenery, where I had different ideas, but the one that caught my attention the most was to add another person and make it look as if they were talking in a museum. As ideas I used images from Pinterest to help me make the museum part.

Final Animation: