Runs With Personality ( Week 5)

2D Run:

To help me understand the run cycle movements a little more I used the book The Animatior’s Survival kit where it helped me understand the animation part a little more and also with an image that made it clearer in the area. To try to understand a little about the 2D process and how the running part worked, I used an image guide to help me and so I made a BASIC running movement.

Using Toon harmony I had some confusion where I couldn’t understand the frames very well, it took me a few hours to understand a little how the commands worked but in the end I started to understand a little so I was able to make other animations.

3D Run :

After trying to animate in 2D, I started animating in 3D with the help of an image guide, which made it a little easier to produce the movements.

I didn’t have too many problems making my character’s movements, the part I had a little more doubt about was the arms, which was where I had a little more doubt about moving and making a more REAL movement. It took me a long time to try and do it, but with a bit of understanding I made the first movements in the snow for the personalised run.

Reference:

In the process of running I tried to find different ways to make the character run with different files, to give me some ideas I used some animations that I really liked the style of the characters running.
With the first files I researched cartoons that I really like the style of, the first is Tom & Jerry and the other is a short film where you can see some of the character’s movements.

Tom & Jerry:

Short Film: